Trail Ride of the Mexican Revolution - Practical Information
Practical information - Good to know before you go
• Riding level: Suitable for intermediate to experienced riders.You should be confident on a horse at all paces. The pace is varied to include walk,trot and canter.
• Weight: Max. rider weight: 110 Kg (please inform us if your weight exceeds 110kg)
• Age: min. age 12 years accompanied by an adult.
• Departure: guaranteed from 10 riders
• Horses: Mexican Quarters, average height: 1.60 to 165 m
• Saddles: Mexican Charro saddles (= western saddles)
• Adventure: average
• Accommodation: Very comfortable to luxurious
• Passport & Visa: European passengers must be in possession of an international passport, valid for at least 6 months from the date you leave Mexico.
A visa is for most Europeans not required. (contact the Mexican Embassy in your country).
• No mandatory vaccinations (consult your doctor)
We will do everything possible to follow the indicated itinerary, although spot changes can occur due to unforeseen circumstances. Rides are subject to change depending on weather, location and difficulty of terrain. In the unlikely event that this happens on your trip, we ask you for flexibility and understanding. This is a sporty and adventurous vacation.
Flight to Mexico
■ Different companies fly daily from Brussels / Amsterdam / Paris / Frankfurt / London and the USA to Mexico.
■ Gateway is BAJIO-LEON in the state of Guanajuato.
■ Airport code: BJX
■ Some people prefer to arrive a day before. Talk to us about the best arrival time and meeting place.
You are alone?
Do not worry, you can individually register/book and join in a group with other riders. Most participants are people who register individually and may just like you, not know the other riders in your group. Since everyone has the same points of interest (horseback riding, nature, travel, culture) there is always a good atmosphere and understanding among the participants. Participants come from all corners of the world, so you can be part of a group with riders from the United Kingdom, Belgium, Spain, France, Sweden, Canada, USA, Australia, Brazil and many others countries. Your friends are suddenly so much more international! :)
A standard group consists of 6 to 15 riders. In general there are as many female as male participants.
Are your foreign languages not so well?
No worries, local trip leader Paul is fluent in 6 languages and will help and translate with pleasure where needed.
Trips are always fun as we all speak the same equestrian language.
• Valid international passport
• Travel Insurance
• Pocket money (you can change EUR/£/USD in the airport)
• A sweater
• A warm jacket
• 4 or 5 T-shirts and minimum 2 a shirts with long sleeves.
• jodhpurs or jeans to ride with
• Riding shoes or boots / riding shoes with mini-chaps or long chaps
• .A second pair of shoes for the evening
• Comfortable clothing + a Hat to protect you from the sun
• Sun Cream
• Water canteen
* we have saddle bags available for you
* It is recommended to put your luggage in travel bag instead of a hard suitcase. 10 bags are easier to get in the backup vehicle than 10 suitcases. (thanks!)
The maximum allowable weight of your luggage depends from airline to airline. Check with the airline or travel agent how many kilograms and pieces of luggage you can take. Your personal luggage is transported during the trek to the various stopovers.
The region we visit in Mexico is safe in terms of health. You can easily eat and drink anything without being stomach bothered. Eating raw vegetables, salads and ice-creams in the places we take you is no problem.
There are no vaccinations required for this part of Mexico.
The Mexican currency is the Mexican Peso > $.
1 EURO = approx. : 17 PESOS (July 2015)
1 USD = approx. : 16 PESOS (July 2015)
Cash dispensers can be found in all towns and cities.
In the cities you can pay with credit cards. (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express, ...)
You hardly will need money during the trail ride.
Electricity and plugs
In towns and villages there is mobile phone coverage everywhere. During the riding full time coverage is not guaranteed.
In cities and bigger towns there is everywhere Internet access.
Time in Mexico:
Weather in Guanajuato-Mexico during the Riding :
The average temperature in Guanajuato is mild and generally very sunny, before noon 21C°. Afternoons can be fairly hot with average high temperatures reaching 26C°.
Overnight temperatures are generally cooler with an average of 12 to 15C°.
Travel Insurance: We request you take a travel Insurance. Ask your local insurance company or travel agent about it. You will not be allowed to participate at the Trail Ride without having a personal travel insurance. Your insurance details will be requested on arrival.
Trip Cancellation Insurance recommended: In order to protect yourself against unforeseen circumstances interfering with your vacation, we strongly suggest that you purchase trip cancellation insurance. You can use any travel insurance company you are comfortable with.
“The Mexican Revolution Trail Ride” guests are required to sign a release agreement at the time of check-in. This is mandatory and guests cannot participate in the tour without signing the release agreement (all moneys paid are non-refundable). Please feel free to read the release agreement prior to your arrival. Parents or legal guardians of minor children are required to sign the release agreement on their children’s behalf. Please direct all questions to the office.
Guanajuato is one of the safest regions in Mexico, on the trail ride there is no need to worry at all!
General info about Mexico:
Rules: We are not so much into rules, but we reserve the right to refuse service to any individual who jeopardizes the health, safety and welfare of any of our guests, staff, family & community members, animals & livestock, or who refuses to follow the rules we have established for your safety and welfare during your visit with us.